The current Comunale Library
, transferred to the 1998 in the modern structure built in 1997 designed by the architect Henry Rudi, with the collaboration of architects Dominic Pasquale and John Tonti, turns on the front square of Wheat, placed between Trinci Palace and the adjacent Palace Deli
. It is divided into five levels above ground plus a basement level and consists of two boxes that intersect at right angles to each other, forming, each element of the end of the Square, the other a natural extension of Palazzo Trinci dell'avancorpo.
Inside are respectively located: the ground floor the loan service, bibliographic information and catalogs, spaces for reading newspapers and small exhibitions; the first floor reading room, consultation of books and periodicals; on the second floor of the Library Michael Faloci Pulignani, codes, the designs of the architect Giuseppe Piermarini and photo library; third floor to the bottom of old and study spaces and consultation on the deposit; Cataloguing the fourth floor office with terminals for connection to the National Library Service. The Public Library of Foligno
has begun to be cataloged in the SBN 1994, Therefore the works prior to that date must be sought in the catalogs available in the reception (ground floor). The time now is cataloged more than 5.000 works.
The Library's current budget is about 100.000 Unit libraries, inclusive of 2.200 periodic, 712 manuscripts, 229 incunabula, 1.638 sixteenth, 2.667 works of the seventeenth and 3.863 eighteenth-century; a remarkable cultural heritage, further enriched by 712 manuscripts, 400 antique prints, 31 seventeenth-century altar designs for machines, 600 drawings and sketchbooks architect Giuseppe Piermarini, 1.200 the original plates protofotografo Rinaldo Laurentini, 25.000 photographs, about 1.000 technical drawings for the design of the Plant for the production of sugar in Foligno. They are available in print The inventory of the manuscripts, the General Catalogue of periodicals, the Catalogue of the Library of Children, in addition to several catalogs of exhibitions on the documentary heritage of books.
The Library has, also, activated Internet service for users, provides ten positions for Quick response, of which for 2 desktops and 8 for laptops deployed in the reading room. Access to the service (transmitted via a wireless network) is governed by a regulation which provides, among other things, the ability to surf the free hour a day for a maximum of 30 hours per month. The use of public computers must be booked. For the inscription, Free, simply present their passport at the reception recognition.
On the ground floor of Palazzo Deli located, instead, the location Library Boys, equipped with video points, computer consulting and CD Rom fumettoteca.
It has a rich documentary heritage divided by age groups and placed on open shelves to allow for easy use by the young readers, which can also take advantage of an industry Periodicals that offers their overview of the major Italian comics. In the general section are documentary materials that enable the realization of each type of research, vocabularies of languages in addition to the main. Attentive to the needs of users and aware of the presence of foreigners in Town, the library has, also, literature books for children `s in different languages (Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Albanian…).
Every morning, except for Monday, from 9 all 13, the structure is open to the public, especially for school classes eligible for specialized personnel for the integration of school programs, for inquiries, documentary about the history of the area (is a local section with Foligno and all documents referring to `Umbria). At the request of schools are made real lessons of librarianship (history of books and writing, history of printing, Starting with the use of a library….) and animated readings with the use of bases `sound and drama . Every afternoon, except Saturday, from 15 all 19, The Library is open.
Worthy of note is the initiative that takes place every Thursday, entitled "The time of the story”, during which the readings are done by targeting children 3 to 7 age.
Also in Palace Deli, where he was transferred to the 1997, after 40 years in the Palazzo Trinci, is the place 'State Archives, whose entrance is on the second floor, with access from Piazza del Grano.
Established as in Subsection 1957, was transformed into a section in the State Archives 1963. The complex documentation, which is spread over 2.500 mt., consists of 24.000 pieces, including 18.000 on paper, 1.165 su pergamena, besides 2.000 maps. Worthy of mention is Archives of the City of Foligno, divided into three sections:
- Archive Six Keys (1138-1814), formed in 1478 and named for the fact that in that same year, the City Council decided to build a case to keep the most important documents and ordered that the locks were made 6 keys, many as the priors of the city, which was given the task of record keeping. It includes incoming documents, Papal and imperial diplomas as short;
- Archive Prioral (1211-1799), formed in 1662, including the statutes of the city, corporations, reforms, documentation of the life of the City and the City;
- Modern Archive I (1800-1859), II (1860-1913), III (1914-1928), IV (1929-1963).
TheNotarial Archives (1341-1889) consists of 5.000 pieces, not all strictly notarial. Worthy of note are the 1.165 Diplomatic parchment Fund: of special interest privileges confirmatory of popes and emperors, including that of Innocent II 1138. Poor and indirect is the documentation of the period of the Trinci (1305-1439), while the sources are abundant in the second half of the fifteenth century. Among the other funds should be mentioned: Archives of the Congregation of Charity (1400-1916), Benedetti Roncalli `s Archive, Archive of the Academy `s Fulginia (1759-1831).
A 53 From the establishment year, The Section has changed its face, adding new funds to the original historic core and ending, so, to fill all the spaces of the new headquarters building in Delhi. In 2008 have been identified in the locality Paciana, `according to the municipal administration, new spaces for the storage of documentary heritage and the management of `municipal archive storage. Consolidated is the cooperation with institutions and cultural associations, including, Besides the Municipality, Jacobilli Library, Governing Body for the Tournament of the Quintana, the Pro-Loco, l `Archeoclub, The association Orfini- Numeister, Federico Frezzi the Study Centre. Many local businesses, from 2001, have adopted a document kept in the Section of Foligno, by funding the restoration of full.
We can not fail to recall here the importance of the book he held in Foligno, not only as a means of communication, but also as a production well: Pale was the seat of the oldest paper mills in Italy and Foligno is famous for the installation of the presses of Numeister-Orfini, one of the oldest Italian printers, known for having printed the first edition of The Divine Comedy.
A picture of the librarian Foligno
has been handed down to Joseph in Bragazzi 1859 in his Compendium of the history of Foligno
, where mention is made of public and private libraries to present Foligno.La new City Library was established in 1862, combining the libraries of the former convent of S. Dominic, S. Francis, S. Nicholas, S. James, S. Bartholomew and the Capuchins, and was placed in the Convent of S. Nicholas. In 1876 was enriched by the deposit of the Library Jacobilli, returned in 1884. In 1879 was transferred to local schools and municipal 1890 in the Convent of S. Anna. The first problems of the new library derived from the lack of modern and popular library materials that did not allow to open the service to the public. In 1888 Director Leandro Ceccarelli held to clarify, to justify its function, that had been made the inventory of all the works presented, both printed manuscript, coming to count the existence in the library of approximately 10.000 volumes. After substantial changes in asset, occurred in 1878 through an exchange of books with the bookseller Rossi in Rome, in 1920 The Library was purchased by Prof.. Anthony Mancinelli. The history of the Library, especially at this time, linked to the name of Michael Faloci Pulignani, scholar of international renown, love the history of their city, Foligno, and defender of its historical and artistic heritage. The main goal, he poses is to regain the Palazzo Trinci, passed to the state-owned and home to become offices; this project will take place in 1927, year of the contract of exchange of the Palace, with which you gave to start restoration work that will lead, in 1936, transfer in Palazzo Trinci Community Library, that you could see further enriched the rich collections of books owned by the Faloci, donated, On that occasion the City Council and consists of almost 25.000 volumes, of 266 precious manuscripts and the complete catalog of his works.
Disabled people arriving by car can park, if they have permission, Square in front of the Library; the entrance can be reached without difficulty. Plans to the public are the first two, ie the ground floor, where is located the reception, and first floor, where there is the reading room. Leads to the first floor via a lift: the door has a clear opening of cm 90 and the cabin has a depth of cm 150. Next to each reading room there is a toilet reserved for disabled people. To access the, instead, the reading room of the Library Guy, located in the Palazzo Deli, next to Public Library, There is a flight of stairs with a stair lift that has overcome a platform cm wide 85 cm deep and 70. To access its accessible toilet must take another stairlift, measures the same as the one to enter the reading room.
Accessibility of public library card
View Larger Map